I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
- 1 Foggia Day Trip
- 2 10 days in Poland 7/1-12/13
- 3 15 days in Central Europe
- 4 Suggestions for France Italy
- 5 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 6 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 7 Car hire across borders
- 8 Bank of England Museum
- 9 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 10 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 11 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 12 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 13 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 14 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 15 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 16 Which tour company would be best?
- 17 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 18 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 19 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 20 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 21 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 22 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 23 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 24 London at Xmas
- 25 Sardinia in July