I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
- 1 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 2 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 3 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 4 train from Krakow, Poland to Venice, Italy
- 5 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 6 I Need To Vent!
- 7 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 8 Possible Itinerary in Romania?
- 9 Bulgaria or Romania next fall?
- 10 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 11 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 12 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 13 To Clifton, RE: Romania
- 14 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 15 private tour of Romania - would you recommend Carpathian Travel Center?
- 16 Easiest way to get to Cinque Terre
- 17 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 18 Romania and Hungary itinerary
- 19 WHY ROMANIA???
- 20 Train tickets
- 21 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 22 Romania, anyone?
- 23 A chacun son goût
- 24 Romania -10 days trip
- 25 Trains in Italy