Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
- 1 Ideas on best villages in Tyrol
- 2 Ireland Trip - Final Decision
- 3 Vacation rental in Provence
- 4 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 5 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 6 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 7 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 8 London on a sunny day
- 9 rand versus euro
- 10 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 11 Renting an apartment in Edinburgh
- 12 Savona - San Remo - where to spend the night?
- 13 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 14 Sardinia, Italy
- 15 La Samaritaine (Paris): what's happening?
- 16 Which tour company would be best?
- 17 What is the best food in France?
- 18 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 19 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 20 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 21 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 22 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 23 Rhine River Intinerary
- 24 Shuttle or taxi from Nice airport to Cannes?
- 25 Train from London to Edinburgh