We recently returned from a trip to Mallorca, Spain. While at the airport in Madrid, we noticed long lines of (mostly European) passengers waiting to have their luggage Saran-wrapped at a kiosk before checking in for their flights. We remembered seeing this same thing occurring on our last trip to Malta. What's the deal with that? Do European airlines have a problem with leaking baggage compartments? We can't remember seeing that at the airports in the States (maybe a security issue?). Please shed some light on this mystery for us. Thanks!
What's the deal with the Saran-wrapped luggage???
- 1 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 2 Hotels in Sorrento
- 3 Hair cuts in Florence
- 4 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 5 Which tour company would be best?
- 6 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 7 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 8 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 9 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 10 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 11 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 12 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 13 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 14 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 15 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 16 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 17 How Long For Santorini?
- 18 Best area for wine and which one?
- 19 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 20 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 21 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 22 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 23 Bavaria and Alpine Itinerary
- 24 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 25 Help with Provence and French Riviera