We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
- 1 Retirement Vacation
- 2 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 3 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 4 Southern Italy Itinerary- is this do-able?
- 5 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 6 London Evening Activity
- 7 Ennis or Shannon for last night before flying out of Shannon Airport?
- 8 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 9 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 10 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 11 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 12 Car rental
- 13 Day trip to Capri
- 14 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 15 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 16 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 17 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 18 RHK's heading to Europe
- 19 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 20 France in 7 days
- 21 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 22 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 23 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 24 Istanbul in April
- 25 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy