We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
- 1 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 2 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 3 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 4 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 5 Prague Itinerary
- 6 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 7 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 8 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 9 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 10 London at Xmas
- 11 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 12 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 13 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 14 Car rental Italy
- 15 Zagreb, rental car and Slovenia
- 16 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 17 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 18 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 19 Northern Italy
- 20 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 21 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 22 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 23 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 24 Best area for wine and which one?
- 25 Time Out London - is there a replacement?