Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Costa Rica: rental cars vs. taxi/shuttles
- 1 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 2 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 3 Cancun day trips
- 4 Quick CR Trip Report
- 5 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 6 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 7 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 8 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 9 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 10 Puerto Vallarta Mayan Palace
- 11 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 12 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 13 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?
- 14 help blue bay grand vs sandos riviera
- 15 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 CANCUN: Sandos Caracol Beach Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya
- 18 Where to stay on Mayan riviera?
- 19 Advice on trip to Costa Rica for myself and three late teenagers
- 20 Rental cars $s for Panama
- 21 Grand Mayan Palace - Nuevo Vallarta
- 22 Driving in Mexico
- 23 Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Cancun Mexico
- 24 After Tikal... suggestions?
- 25 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica