I am interested in visiting Costa Rica for the first time in March for 7-8 days. I understand that the last week of March is holy week (Semana Santa) and so prices are higher and places book up fast. I certainly will want to avoid this week. I am a bit overwhelmed though after reading the forums and getting advice from friends. We are a couple in our early 40's who enjoy adventure but also the beach/relaxation time. We enjoy mingling with the locals and trying different food. We are not interested in 5 star resorts but do like a clean, comfortable place to stay. My boyfriend enjoys renting a car and exploring on his own (is this safe?) I hear the arsenal volcano should not be avoided. I hear Uvita is gorgeous. I also am interested in the Tabacon Hot Springs. We love to kayak and snorkel as well. I guess I need a little help on narrowing the region down to visit first before looking into hotels. Any help is greatly appreciated as I know we can't do it all. Thank you!
Costa Rica--suggestions on places to visit
- 1 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 2 Oasis Cancun or Costa Real??
- 3 Oasis Cancun
- 4 Driving
- 5 Driving around costa ica
- 6 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 7 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 8 Campeche anyone?
- 9 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 10 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 11 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 12 Belize in August with teens
- 13 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 14 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 15 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 17 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 18 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 19 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 20 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 21 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 22 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 23 Cancun day trips
- 24 Quick CR Trip Report
- 25 Notorized Letter of Consent