We are traveling to Roatan for 2 weeks at Christmas with our 6 kids ages 15-25. We have reservations for the first 4 nights in West End at Posada Arco Iris. Then we have 2 days without plans before going to Utila for 4 more days where we rented an apartment at Sandy Bay. My question is: should we go to La Ceba for 2 days to the jungle tours before heading to Utila or is there plenty to do on Roatan. We will also have 3 days on Roatan at the end of the 2 weeks, with no plans for accommodations yet. If anyone has stayed at Posada Arco Iris, let me know if it is great and we should book it for the last 3 days of the Roatan trip or is there a better place in that same price range.(mid range budget) Traveling with 8 of us is expensive so we are trying to cut costs anywhere we can. That is why we are wondering if going to the mainland to the jungle is really worth it. Also any recommendations for places to stay in La Ceba for the jungle trips would be appreciated. And any recommendations for places to stay on Roatan, especially in the West Bay area, (which seems to be very expensive for our budget), or West End, would be appreciated. How are the jungles on Roatan? Thanks so much!!!!!!
Family vacation in Roatan
- 1 Campeche anyone?
- 2 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 3 Driving around costa ica
- 4 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 5 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 6 Belize in August with teens
- 7 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 8 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 9 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 10 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 11 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 13 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 14 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 15 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 16 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 17 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 18 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 19 Cancun day trips
- 20 Quick CR Trip Report
- 21 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 22 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 23 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 24 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 25 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?