My husband and I just returned from a very invigorating, much needed getaway vacation in the Bay Islands of Honduras. We flew in from Florida to Roatan and spent two nights there. For all of the hype and promotional, Roatan and specifically west Bay and West End were over priced and nothing interesting or out of the ordinary Roatan ‘s beaches were fair at best cloudy and lots of sea grass. We next continued on to Guanaja our final destination for the Carnival and stayed at the Guanaja Island Club. This was a really delightful place to stay. First, we met at the airport by Brian and his family the whisked off by boat back to the Resort and had an open pit fired seafood dinner it was lovely. Our accommodations were spacious, clean and very comfortable. We had a spectacular view of Michaels Rock and the sea from out front window. During our stay we went diving a few times with Brian. He is a very good guide and obviously knows his business well. We enjoyed our three days of the diving with him. Since this was carnival we dove and fished during the mornings and went to the party zones in the late afternoons. Mangrove Bight, The Key, Savannah and the Lighthouse beach. It was lots of fun and the local folks were friendly and living it up quite nicely. Meals at the Resort were always large and tasty. I love the seafood especially the stemmed shrimp and conch. Bar drinks had a good amount of liquor in them and they were cheap compared to Roatan, Florida and the Bahamas.
Follow up on Guanja Carnival
- 1 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 2 Where to go in Costa Rica for adventure?
- 3 Riviera Maya Weather in June
- 4 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 5 Tamarindo hotel? Best for group of guys.
- 6 Authentic cuban cigars in COsta Rica??
- 7 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 8 Oasis Cancun or Costa Real??
- 9 Oasis Cancun
- 10 Driving
- 11 Driving around costa ica
- 12 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 13 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 14 Campeche anyone?
- 15 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 16 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 17 Belize in August with teens
- 18 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 19 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 20 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 21 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 22 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 23 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 24 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 25 Just back from Puerto Vallarta