We are a family of 4 (kids are 7 and 9). We are looking for a trip to CA with a lot of snorkleling, animals of all kinds and maybe some easy adventure (Kayaking, caves or similar). We have three weeks to spend and would like to have the best possible trip with one or two countries not to many stops all to gether and not a too large budget to begin with.
We started out thinking to go to Panama. Located some possible destinations. So far we have Bocas del Toro, Guna Yala, Contador Islands( the whole area looks promising really)
But since we really could not choose how long to stay in each place we got even more confused and wideend our horizont a start looking for other countries as well and are now looking on quite a few other places like Roatan in Honduras, Belize (Cayes and atolls mostly maybe the ATM cave) and maybe Costa Rica.
What are your ideas? Right now our best pick are: Start with 1 week in Belize travel to Panama and spend the reminder there. 1 week Contador Islands area, 3-5 days in Guna Yala and the reminder will be mostly transfer and one or two days in Panama City for some shopping before going home
Any tips appreciated!
/A family in early planning stages!
Panama, Honduras, Belize?
- 1 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 2 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 3 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 4 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 5 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 6 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 7 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 8 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 9 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 10 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 11 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 12 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 13 Cancun day trips
- 14 Quick CR Trip Report
- 15 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 16 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 17 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 18 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Mayan Palace
- 20 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 21 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?
- 22 help blue bay grand vs sandos riviera
- 23 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 24 CANCUN: Sandos Caracol Beach Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya
- 25 Where to stay on Mayan riviera?