My wife and I are planning on driving from San Jose, California to David, Panama April of 2010. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? What pre-arrangements do we need to make in order to cross borders (visas-should we get them prior to starting the trip or should we expect to get them as we get to the crossings). We have the title to our vehicle (4x4 Ford F-150) and international insurance (Lloyds). Passports are in order. We plan on following Hwy 1 to Cabo San Lucas or La Paz and taking the ferry to Matzatlan and pretty much following the Pacific coast road(s) mainly the PanAm Hwy all the way to Panama. Drive time is not an issue. I plan to take between 30-45 days to make what should be a 10 day drive as we want to sight-see and generally goof off on the way down. Ideas, thoughts and notes are greatly appreciated. I didn't select Panama on the tag because that is my end destination and I am familiar with Costa Rica: however, any tidbits you might have on them would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your inputs!
Road trip from California to Panama
- 1 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 2 Driving around costa ica
- 3 Campeche anyone?
- 4 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 5 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 6 Belize in August with teens
- 7 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 8 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 9 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 11 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 12 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 13 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 14 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 15 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 16 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 17 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 18 Cancun day trips
- 19 Quick CR Trip Report
- 20 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 21 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 22 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 23 Puerto Vallarta Mayan Palace
- 24 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 25 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?