Hi, we are in Costa Rica right at the moment. We are located in Santa Teresa which is a somewhat undiscovered spot on the Nicoya Peninsula about 2 hours drive and a ferry ride away from San Jose. We got here courtesy of Pat Hewitt and the Costa Rica Travel Exchange. Pat was very helpful dealing with some last minute Passport problems and setting up the whole trip from the rental cars, to the ferry rides, to the hotel we are at (Tropico Latino). The hotel is a mecca for surfers and those who enjoy Yoga. There are consistently good size waves for surfing, and today we went fishing (returned with tuna and spanish mackerel). Tomorrow we may take an ATV trip to the Cabo Blanca Nature preserve, and across to the small town of Montezuma (natural waterfalls and native art). Yesterday we took surfing lessons at Playa Hermosa (gentler waves for the uninitiated). The locals here are very friendly, there seem to be a lot of European expatriates who own businesses, and we can get by without knowing too much Spanish. We plan to come back, Phil
Travel to Santa Teresa, Costa Rica: Surf and Relaxation
- 1 Mayan Palace Hotel
- 2 Tamarindo hotel? Best for group of guys.
- 3 Riviera Maya Weather in June
- 4 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 5 Where to go in Costa Rica for adventure?
- 6 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 7 Authentic cuban cigars in COsta Rica??
- 8 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 9 Oasis Cancun or Costa Real??
- 10 Oasis Cancun
- 11 Driving
- 12 Driving around costa ica
- 13 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 14 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 15 Campeche anyone?
- 16 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 17 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 18 Belize in August with teens
- 19 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 20 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 21 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 22 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 23 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 24 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 25 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???