Is it safe to fly with Turkish airlines

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2024, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I was curious to know whether or not it is safe to fly with Turkish airlines from Delhi ( India) to Denver (USA) , having a layover for a few hours at Istanbul. Posting this question because of all the news related to Terr**ism surrounding Istanbul. Thanks for the help in advance 🙂
Old May 15th, 2024, 11:49 AM
P_M

Terr**ism can happen anywhere. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old May 15th, 2024, 05:40 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Airlines that don't comply with mechanical & security standards set by TSA aren't allowed to fly into the US.

"Turkish Airlines flies to 215 different destinations in United States . . . " (airline website)

Old May 17th, 2024, 04:18 AM
J62

Originally Posted by MmePerdu
"Turkish Airlines flies to 215 different destinations in United States . . . " (airline website)
Turkish airlines is part of the Star Alliance, so those 215 US destinations include all the UA airports. Turkish themselves does not fly their own metal to all of those - only a handful of US airports.
Old May 17th, 2024, 08:44 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by J62
Turkish airlines is part of the Star Alliance, so those 215 US destinations include all the UA airports. Turkish themselves does not fly their own metal to all of those - only a handful of US airports.
I assumed as much but my point remains the same.

Old May 18th, 2024, 09:29 AM

Yes, it is safe.
Istanbul would be a great place for a few days stopover.
Old May 18th, 2024, 07:11 PM

I would say the airline is fine from a safety standpoint. I mean even the best airlines do have issues although severe crashes are quite rare these days with most airlines especially when you consider the number of flights around the world or even from one country or by one airline in a single day. So if you're worried about it from that perspective, I wouldn't. Now, my personal concern would be flying in/out of that area in general given with what's going on in the world currently as far as global conflict goes, but for the airline you're probably fine. I mean it's good to ask before hand, but I also don't think you have too much to worry about.

Last edited by sirhawkeye64; May 18th, 2024 at 07:16 PM.
Old May 20th, 2024, 09:35 AM

They have a solid and reasonably priced business class product and I believe you can get a half-day tour of the city from the airport if time allows. Also an impressive lounge. (This was at Ataturk Airport; I believe there's a new larger one.)
Old Jun 20th, 2024, 08:49 AM
c_J

The most dangerous aspect of flying from Delhi to Denver on Turkish Airlines will be traveling in a bus or car to and from the airport.