I have visited many Latin American great colonial gems: Cuzco, Quito, Buenos Aires (although different obviously), Ouro Preto, Rio de Janeiro (different again), Salvador in Brazil (again different), Cartagena, Guanajuato, etc. Do you personally think Sucre ranks among these places I have been to in regard to being a 'must-see' colonial destination? I only ask because I looked up Avianca Airlines and saw that the price is $754USD 1-way on a random Wednesday afternoon 1 month from now from Bogota to Santa Cruz (not even to Sucre)! Wow. Sucre is truly a difficult place to reach. Hence I am reconsidering going there unless I get some strong feedback (ultimately opinions) saying that Sucre truly ranks among South America's greatest sightseeing destinations rather than more of a place to visit ‘only if you are already in the area’. Regardless of the money involved, what do you think in regard to going out of your way to see Sucre?
Big Transportation Cost: Should I Reconsider a Visit to ‘Colonial’ Sucre?
- 1 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 2 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 3 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 4 Back to South America
- 5 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 6 Vaya Adventures
- 7 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 8 Brazil World Cup
- 9 travel to iguazu?
- 10 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 11 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 12 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 13 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 14 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 15 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 16 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 17 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 18 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 19 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 20 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 21 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 22 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 23 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 24 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 25 Flights on LAN