I have visited many Latin American great colonial gems: Cuzco, Quito, Buenos Aires (although different obviously), Ouro Preto, Rio de Janeiro (different again), Salvador in Brazil (again different), Cartagena, Guanajuato, etc. Do you personally think Sucre ranks among these places I have been to in regard to being a 'must-see' colonial destination? I only ask because I looked up Avianca Airlines and saw that the price is $754USD 1-way on a random Wednesday afternoon 1 month from now from Bogota to Santa Cruz (not even to Sucre)! Wow. Sucre is truly a difficult place to reach. Hence I am reconsidering going there unless I get some strong feedback (ultimately opinions) saying that Sucre truly ranks among South America's greatest sightseeing destinations rather than more of a place to visit ‘only if you are already in the area’. Regardless of the money involved, what do you think in regard to going out of your way to see Sucre?
Big Transportation Cost: Should I Reconsider a Visit to ‘Colonial’ Sucre?
- 1 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 2 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 3 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 4 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 5 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 6 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 7 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 8 Vaya Adventures
- 9 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 10 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 11 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 12 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 13 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 14 Flights on LAN
- 15 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 16 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 17 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 18 More suggested reading
- 19 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 20 Back to South America
- 21 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 22 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 23 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 24 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 25 Perito Moreno mini walk