My good friend and I will be traveling to Brazil this February (10 - 23). What we have confirmed right now is Feb 10 - 15 will be spent in Rio, and Feb 20 - 23 in Sao Paulo (we have a friend there otherwise I probably wouldn't spend three nights in SP).
What we need help planning is the five nights in between: Feb 15 - 20.
Following my Brazilian friend's suggestion, what I'm thinking right now is three nights in Ilha Grande (Feb 15 - 18) and then two nights in Paraty (Feb 18 - 20). I thought these two places would be good since they are on the way to SP, but am open to other suggestions. I've read a bit about both places but haven't researched that much in depth. What do you all think? Is this a good plan, or would it be better to do three nights in Paraty and two in Ilha Grande? Or maybe go somewhere else entirely?
A bit about us: 25 and 26 years old, interested in food, music, beaches, relaxing, just hanging out and people watching, as well as the usual major tourist attractions...not huge into outdoorsy stuff (I'll go 'hiking' i.e. walking but am not that into water-based acitvities like kayaking or scuba diving).
If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!
Brazil itinerary suggestions - Rio, Ilha Grande, Paraty, Sao Paulo?
- 1 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 2 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 3 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 4 Vaya Adventures
- 5 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 6 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 7 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 8 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 9 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 10 Flights on LAN
- 11 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 12 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 13 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 14 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 15 More suggested reading
- 16 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 17 Back to South America
- 18 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 19 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 20 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 21 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 22 Perito Moreno mini walk
- 23 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 24 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 25 2 weeks in Chile/easter island : first timers but not last timers...