I am planning to be in Chile in August for about 2 weeks with my husband. I would like to do Easter Island for 4 or 5 days, the San Pedro de Atacama area, Santiago, Valparaiso and some wine country exploration. What is the drive from Valparaiso to the Colchagua Valley Wine area like? We like to rent a car when possible and use local guides. Where would this work for us and when would it be better to do local tours? Can anyone recommend local guides for these areas? How difficult is it if we don't speak Spanish? Finally, what kind of weather can we expect? Any responses to my many questions would be helpful. Thanks
Chile itinerary for August for English only speakers
- 1 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 2 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 3 Flights on LAN
- 4 More suggested reading
- 5 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 6 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 7 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 8 Back to South America
- 9 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 10 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 11 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 12 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 13 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 14 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 15 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 16 Perito Moreno mini walk
- 17 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 18 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 19 2 weeks in Chile/easter island : first timers but not last timers...
- 20 Ritz Carlton Santiago
- 21 3 - 4 weeks in Brazil - help with trip itinerary
- 22 Peru Rail Trains to Machu Pichu
- 23 LAN South America airpass
- 24 Bogota footwear/cameras; Bolivar bugs
- 25 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS