I am trying to finalize my flights to El Calafate. Given the time constraints, I'd like to spend one day doing the minitrek for the glacier (i believe that is how you get to do the boat ride and a short trek on ice) and spend one day hiking in El Chalten.
Here's my dilemma. I have read that most treks to Perito Moreno from El Calafate leave at 8 or 9 am in the morning. I will be arriving in El Calafate at 10:30 am (flight time). Can I do the glacier minitrek that day? I am trying to see how I can make use of that day. I was hoping to spend the next day for El Chalten hike and fly back either that night or the following morning.
Also, how much do these tours typically cost? And how much is the bus ride to and from El Calafate to El Chalten? Do I need to book in advance?
Thank You so much!
Cost and time needed for Perito Moreno from El Calafate - please advise!
- 1 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 2 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 3 Flights on LAN
- 4 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 5 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 6 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 7 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 10 More suggested reading
- 11 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 14 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 15 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 16 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 17 Perito Moreno mini walk
- 18 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 2 weeks in Chile/easter island : first timers but not last timers...
- 21 Ritz Carlton Santiago
- 22 3 - 4 weeks in Brazil - help with trip itinerary
- 23 Peru Rail Trains to Machu Pichu
- 24 LAN South America airpass
- 25 Bogota footwear/cameras; Bolivar bugs