My wife and I want to see Machu Picchu in a 2 or 3 day trip. We are not interested in hiking and we live in an area about 100' above sea level. And we are fairly healthy but wife cannot do steep inclines or a lot of stairs. We probably will not spend a great deal of time at M.P. but would not want to miss that great site while in Peru. Now saying all that I would like some adivce. I would prefer 2 nights out only, but because of altitude and logistics that probably won't work, will it?. A friend from Peru suggested we go to Urubamba Valley (is that close to Aguas Caliente?) after we land in Cusco from Lima. He suggested we stay at Tambo Del Inka Hotel for 2 nights and go to M.P. from there. Then on 3rd day go to Cuzco for the night and return to Lima the next day. Comments or advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Help for a 2 or 3 Day Trip to Machu Picchu
- 1 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 2 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 3 Vaya Adventures
- 4 Help needed - how to get from Iguazu border to Foz do Iguazu hotel?
- 5 Estancia near Mendoza?
- 6 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 7 Galapagos -- Anahi or Millenium
- 8 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls (Argentina).
- 9 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 10 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 13 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 14 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 15 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 16 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 17 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 18 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 19 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 20 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 21 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 22 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 23 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 24 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 25 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?