I will be in Colombia for 5 weeks starting in July. Can someone recommend good hiking tours or other ways to explore beautiful nature?
My number one concern is SAFETY. I am a woman traveling alone (though I plan to hook up with groups and/or guides for hiking tours), and I have heard it is "unsafe" in mountain areas or on trekking routes as guerilla groups (FARC, Bacrim, etc.) could cause problems in certain areas.
Could anyone comment on this?
Hiking in Colombia
- 1 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 2 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 3 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 4 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 5 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 6 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 7 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 8 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 9 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 10 Vaya Adventures
- 11 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 12 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 13 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 14 Flights on LAN
- 15 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 16 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 17 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 18 More suggested reading
- 19 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 20 Back to South America
- 21 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 22 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 23 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 24 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 25 Perito Moreno mini walk