I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
How to use a US cellphone in Ecuador??
- 1 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 2 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 3 Flights on LAN
- 4 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 5 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 6 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 7 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 8 More suggested reading
- 9 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 10 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 13 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 14 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 15 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 16 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 17 Perito Moreno mini walk
- 18 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 2 weeks in Chile/easter island : first timers but not last timers...
- 21 Ritz Carlton Santiago
- 22 3 - 4 weeks in Brazil - help with trip itinerary
- 23 Peru Rail Trains to Machu Pichu
- 24 LAN South America airpass
- 25 Bogota footwear/cameras; Bolivar bugs