I recently visited Mexico City as was absolutely amazed. I thought this megapolis just would be another Latin American capital whose colonial charms are ruined by dilapidation and post-colonial ugly building constructions. In simple English, I thought maybe there would be a couple nice square as well as pretty churches dotted throughout the city with most of the rest of the city ugly. True, the ever-sprawling appearance and style of Greater Mexico City usually puts off even many nationals. However, the sizable enough historic center is nothing short of beautiful. This area is packed with very well preserved architecture, fine murals and classy restaurants known for great ambiance. What's more, the charming and small town colonial suburbs that are San Ángel and Coyoacán add to the overall allure of visiting the capital.
Anyway, do you think I would like Lima? If it consists of mostly ugly urban sprawl/blight with few and relatively small areas of colonial charm (like a couple squares as well as churches dotted around), then I probably would not want to visit. However, if Lima is something like Mexico City or Quito (which also has a rather sizable historic center that is nothing short of beautiful), then probably I would like it. What are your thoughts? Incidentally, I visited Cuzco and liked it, but of course, Lima is much bigger and if I enjoyed Cuzco I do not know whether Lima ranks among the country’s more attractive urban destinations.
Is Lima as Nice as Mexico City and Quito?
- 1 Estancia near Mendoza?
- 2 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 3 Galapagos -- Anahi or Millenium
- 4 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls (Argentina).
- 5 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls.
- 6 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 7 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 8 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 9 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 10 Back to South America
- 11 Vaya Adventures
- 12 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 13 travel to iguazu?
- 14 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 15 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 16 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 17 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 18 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 21 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 22 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 23 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 24 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 25 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos