I am going to Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and Brazil next month. I was wondering if anyone knows if a portable weather radio will work in South America? I was concerned about flash floods, and the lahar/volcanic hazards in the Banos, Ecuador while I am there. I am aware that in the USA NOAA operates the airwaves, but I was wondering if their counterparts in these countries may operate similar programming on the same radio bands. I do speak Spanish beyond just simply "getting by" so stations being in Spanish is not a problem.
Thanks for any help!
Mike McGuire, New Jersey
NOAA Weather Radio
- 1 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 2 Gate1travel and Ecuador and the Amozon
- 3 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 4 Vaya Adventures
- 5 Best places to visit in Brazil
- 6 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 7 Brazil World Cup
- 8 travel to iguazu?
- 9 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 10 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 11 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 14 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 15 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 16 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 17 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 18 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 19 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 20 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 21 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 22 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 23 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 24 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 25 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?