Myself and wife are taking a trip to Peru in about 10 days and would like some help deciding the itinerary, specifically allocating time between Cusco and Sacred valley.
This is my tentative plan.
Nov 6th - Reach Lima around 11 pm. Overnight in Lima
7 - Morning flight from Lima to Cusco
Take taxi to Sacred valley. Roam around SV. Overnight in SV
8 - Take taxi to Cusco in the morning. Roam cusco. Collect Inca trail tickets at 5 pm. Overnight in Cusco
9 - Roam Cusco. Overnight in Cusco
10 - Begin Inca trail Hike early morning
11- Inca Trail
12- Inca Trail
13- Machu Pichu. Return to Cusco around 11 pm. Stay overnight in Cusco
14 - Early morning Take tourist bus to Puno. Reach Puno at 5 pm. Overnight in Puno
15 - Roam Lake Titicaca
16 - Roam Lake Titicaca
17- Roam Lake Titicaca
Evening flight to Lima. Fly out of Lima to home
Currently, we have one day /one night in Sacred valley and 2 days/2 nights in Cusco. I want to hear opinions on if that is a good idea. Or, would it better to spend 2 days in Sacred valley and 1 day in Cusco?
Peru Itinerary - Help on Cusco Vs Sacred valley
- 1 Vaya Adventures
- 2 Help needed - how to get from Iguazu border to Foz do Iguazu hotel?
- 3 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 4 Estancia near Mendoza?
- 5 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 6 Galapagos -- Anahi or Millenium
- 7 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls (Argentina).
- 8 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls.
- 9 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 10 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 11 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 14 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 15 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 16 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 17 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 18 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 21 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 22 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 23 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 24 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 25 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos