My husband and I would like to experience the bar scene of locals in the Lapa area. Many posts on many boards note the danger of walking around Rio at night, particularly in Lapa. We would like to go to a couple of clubs, see the locals samba and enjoy the local musicians . Can anyone recommend a guide (small group or private ) for a 2-3 hour night out (We're in town Monday-Saturday am). I am assuming that Friday night would be more lively than Monday-Thursday, yes?
Rio Bar Hopping for Chickens
- 1 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 4 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 5 Flights on LAN
- 6 More suggested reading
- 7 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 8 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 9 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 10 Back to South America
- 11 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 12 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 13 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 14 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 15 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 16 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 17 Perito Moreno mini walk
- 18 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 2 weeks in Chile/easter island : first timers but not last timers...
- 21 Ritz Carlton Santiago
- 22 3 - 4 weeks in Brazil - help with trip itinerary
- 23 Peru Rail Trains to Machu Pichu
- 24 LAN South America airpass
- 25 Bogota footwear/cameras; Bolivar bugs