I plan to travel to Bogota on December 29th and it is really difficult to obtain information on some things I need. Could you assist?
1. What guidebook do you recommend for my sightseeing of all the beautiful colonial monuments in Bogota? Lonely Planet? Frommer’s? I have no idea.
2. How long are the durations from Bogota to Popayan and to Villa de Leva and are the buses frequent? Perhaps I should fly from Bogota to Popayan. If so, then approximately what does the flight cost round-trip?
3. Is it easy in Colombia to get a SIM card for my iPhone for international calls and wide-ranging Internet connection?
4. Can you recommend a clean, simple and affordable place to sleep in Bogota (I was thinking this: http://www.koziihostels.com/)?
5. What airlines do you recommend to get from Bogota to Sucre, Bolivia (perhaps with Aercon, Amazoa or Aerosur) or at least into Salta, Argentina?
Thank you for your help.
Various Questions: Transportation (Buses vs. Flights) & Bogota Guidebook
- 1 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 2 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 3 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 4 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 5 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 6 Back to South America
- 7 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 8 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 9 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 10 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 11 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 12 Vaya Adventures
- 13 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 14 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 15 Flights on LAN
- 16 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 17 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 More suggested reading
- 20 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 21 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 22 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 23 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 24 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 25 Perito Moreno mini walk