I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Northern U.S. Road Trip Ideas
- 1 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 2 Sardinia, Italy
- 3 Vacation Destination
- 4 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 5 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 6 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 7 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 8 train tickets for italy
- 9 iPad use on long flights
- 10 Shoe Trouble
- 11 Good article on shoes for travel
- 12 Rose Bowl Parade
- 13 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 14 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 15 Buying SNCF tickets
- 16 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 17 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 18 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 19 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 20 Home Exchanges
- 21 Comparison of Budget Booking Sites
- 22 Where to go in August?
- 23 Organic Farming vacations - WWOOF USA
- 24 Enough Connection Time???
- 25 Amazing meals in Paris under $40 each...suggestions?