So, I'm going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks. And I will be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, etc during that period. I will bring my Sony A300 DSLR camera as well as my Sony T2 compact digital camera in my daypack when visiting those cities.
My question is what are the best and safest ways for me to take pictures of me with the background of the city? Do I need to bring tripod so that I can pose in front of a background while setting the camera on timer?
This seems like a rather silly question, but I can't find any advise or information about it in travel guides. My main concern is theft if I'm handing my camera to people on the street to take my pictures (especially in big cities). And moreover, this is my first time traveling to Europe. So, any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Taking Photos of Oneself by Solo Traveler
- 1 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 2 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 3 Italy, Greece and turkey holiday
- 4 Scottevest jacket product quality issues
- 5 Sardinia, Italy
- 6 Vacation Destination
- 7 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 8 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 9 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 10 train tickets for italy
- 11 iPad use on long flights
- 12 Shoe Trouble
- 13 Good article on shoes for travel
- 14 Rose Bowl Parade
- 15 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 16 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 17 Buying SNCF tickets
- 18 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 19 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 20 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 21 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 22 Home Exchanges
- 23 Comparison of Budget Booking Sites
- 24 Where to go in August?
- 25 Organic Farming vacations - WWOOF USA