So, I'd like to travel internationally this summer, and I'm not too picky about where I go. The main thing is that I'd like to keep my budget to about $2000. I don't mind CouchSurfing or staying in hostels to make that work! I also can pack really light, to avoid baggage fees. Any other tips on keeping expenses down?
I'd prefer to go somewhere I haven't been before (i.e. not North America, Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Morocco, or Armenia), but I'd be willing to go back somewhere if I find a really good deal. I love the performing arts, history, spending time outdoors (especially in the mountains), meeting people, and seeing sights.
I may be traveling by myself, as a young, single female, so I'd like to go somewhere where this won't be too scary. I realize that that's subjective, though! I have traveled around Western Europe by myself, if that helps. I'm willing to go a bit out of my comfort zone, but don't want to do anything too extreme unless I can find someone to travel with.
I have pretty much all of June and July free, and can travel as long as I want to within that time frame, as long as I don't run out of cash.
So, give me ideas about where to go, and how to save money! Thanks!
Travel on a $2000 Budget
- 1 Vacation Destination
- 2 Sardinia, Italy
- 3 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 4 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 5 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 6 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 7 train tickets for italy
- 8 iPad use on long flights
- 9 Shoe Trouble
- 10 Good article on shoes for travel
- 11 Rose Bowl Parade
- 12 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 13 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 14 Buying SNCF tickets
- 15 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 16 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 17 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 18 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 19 Home Exchanges
- 20 Comparison of Budget Booking Sites
- 21 Where to go in August?
- 22 Organic Farming vacations - WWOOF USA
- 23 Enough Connection Time???
- 24 Amazing meals in Paris under $40 each...suggestions?
- 25 solo travel ideas