I'm planning an April vacation (7-11 days) with my 88 year old father and his 82 year old girlfriend. They both have mobility issues: his Parkinsons, hers post polio syndrome. They walk independently but only for short distances and on fairly flat surfaces. They are both intelligent and curious people who have traveled a fair amount in their lives. They (and I) would like an intellectually active vacation that isn't demanding physically. Any thoughts/suggestions?
traveling with the elderly
- 1 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 2 Sardinia, Italy
- 3 Vacation Destination
- 4 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 5 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 6 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 7 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 8 train tickets for italy
- 9 iPad use on long flights
- 10 Shoe Trouble
- 11 Good article on shoes for travel
- 12 Rose Bowl Parade
- 13 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 14 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 15 Buying SNCF tickets
- 16 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 17 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 18 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 19 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 20 Home Exchanges
- 21 Comparison of Budget Booking Sites
- 22 Where to go in August?
- 23 Organic Farming vacations - WWOOF USA
- 24 Enough Connection Time???
- 25 Amazing meals in Paris under $40 each...suggestions?