In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Travelling solo and need destination advice!
- 1 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 2 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 3 Italy, Greece and turkey holiday
- 4 Scottevest jacket product quality issues
- 5 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 6 Sardinia, Italy
- 7 Vacation Destination
- 8 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 9 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 10 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 11 train tickets for italy
- 12 iPad use on long flights
- 13 Shoe Trouble
- 14 Good article on shoes for travel
- 15 Rose Bowl Parade
- 16 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 17 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 18 Buying SNCF tickets
- 19 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 20 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 21 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 22 Home Exchanges
- 23 Comparison of Budget Booking Sites
- 24 Where to go in August?
- 25 Organic Farming vacations - WWOOF USA