My wife and I (in our late 60's and retired ) are planning our first trip to Northern Spain towards the end of May next year, 2013. We plan to fly from Miami to Barcelona and then go on to visit cities as Zaragosa, Pamplona, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Santillana, Santander, Gijon, Oviedo, La Coruna y Santiago de Compostela. I am inviting all good friends of Fodor to give us your suggestions. Are all these places worth visiting? What are your suggestions about places to stay... I hear the Paradors are one of the best choices, but are they too pricey? what are the best places to visit along this trip, what would be the total days most advisable. ALSO, we are debating whether to rent a car in Barcelona and drive. My children are not in favor of my driving, (they say it is dangerous!) but are the trains/buses available as an alternative? Not being familiar at all with this part of the Country, we would be really appreciative to hear from Fodor's readers your comments and suggestions...Gracias...thank you..obrigado...
Vacation trip to Northern Spain
- 1 Holidaying in Astounding Golden Triangle Cities
- 2 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 3 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 4 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 5 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 6 train tickets for italy
- 7 iPad use on long flights
- 8 Shoe Trouble
- 9 Good article on shoes for travel
- 10 Rose Bowl Parade
- 11 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 12 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 13 Buying SNCF tickets
- 14 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 15 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 16 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 17 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 18 Home Exchanges
- 19 Comparison of Budget Booking Sites
- 20 Where to go in August?
- 21 Organic Farming vacations - WWOOF USA
- 22 Enough Connection Time???
- 23 Amazing meals in Paris under $40 each...suggestions?
- 24 solo travel ideas
- 25 4/5 day trip to seattle and vancour