My wife and I (in our late 60's and retired ) are planning our first trip to Northern Spain towards the end of May next year, 2013. We plan to fly from Miami to Barcelona and then go on to visit cities as Zaragosa, Pamplona, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Santillana, Santander, Gijon, Oviedo, La Coruna y Santiago de Compostela. I am inviting all good friends of Fodor to give us your suggestions. Are all these places worth visiting? What are your suggestions about places to stay... I hear the Paradors are one of the best choices, but are they too pricey? what are the best places to visit along this trip, what would be the total days most advisable. ALSO, we are debating whether to rent a car in Barcelona and drive. My children are not in favor of my driving, (they say it is dangerous!) but are the trains/buses available as an alternative? Not being familiar at all with this part of the Country, we would be really appreciative to hear from Fodor's readers your comments and suggestions...Gracias...thank you..obrigado...
Vacation trip to Northern Spain
- 1 How do you balance new destinations and familiar ones?
- 2 Seeking easy and secluded beach vaca - help!
- 3 Eurail Pass Help!
- 4 iPad use on long flights
- 5 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 6 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 7 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 8 Italy, Greece and turkey holiday
- 9 Scottevest jacket product quality issues
- 10 Sardinia, Italy
- 11 Vacation Destination
- 12 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 13 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 14 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 15 train tickets for italy
- 16 Shoe Trouble
- 17 Good article on shoes for travel
- 18 Rose Bowl Parade
- 19 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 20 Buying SNCF tickets
- 21 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 22 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 23 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 24 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 25 Home Exchanges