I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
1 Week in Maine | Late Sept. | No itinerary planned yet
- 1 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 2 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 3 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 4 Motor House
- 5 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 6 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 7 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 8 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 9 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 10 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 11 stay near newark or nyc
- 12 Cape Ann area
- 13 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 14 Kauai golf
- 15 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 16 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 17 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 18 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 19 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 20 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 21 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 22 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 23 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 24 Minneapolis Hotel
- 25 Place for lunch in Philly?