My husband and I are planning a trip with our adult children, my father and our teen in August. We have 10 days to spend in the Pacific Northwest. We fly into and out of Portland so two of the 10 days are travel days and are limited. My husband has MS and is limited to what he can do physically but enjoys sight seeing, eating good food and touring wineries. My father is also somewhat limited with hiking and biking. I think a couple days in Portland would be sufficient since we aren't big shoppers. I would like to check out the incredible book store. The girls are serious bikers (biked from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington D.C. in 5 days) and we all ski and were curious if it was true that we could ski Mt. Hood in August? None of us have been to the Pacific Northwest and most of us have never been to the west coast. We would like to see Crater Lake, the Redwoods and some other National Park areas. We would like some scenic drives. We have a relative who just located to Seattle that we would like to see as well. We would love to also see a rainforest and some whales but realize we are limited in what we can see and do in the time we have available. Due to the number in our group (6-7) we wanted to rent a home through VRBO but don't know which town to choose that would be centrally located to all of the day trips we would like to participate in. We were leaning towards Bend? Any thoughts?
10 days in the Pacific Northwest
- 1 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 2 stay near newark or nyc
- 3 Cape Ann area
- 4 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 5 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 6 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 7 Kauai golf
- 8 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 9 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 10 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 11 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 12 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 13 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 14 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 15 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 16 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 17 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 18 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 19 Minneapolis Hotel
- 20 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 21 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 22 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 24 Washington Wineries
- 25 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE