DH and I are planning to attend a wedding next August in San Jose and thought we'd take the opportunity to build a longer trip around it. We're planning to rent a car and have 15 nights total, ending in Seattle. I've never been to Oregon or Washington. Our main interests are beautiful scenery, hiking, wildlife, and wineries. We like nice hotels/B&Bs with good views and love spending time in state and national parks. Can people recommend good places to stop along the way, preferably under around $200/night?
2-week road trip from San Jose, CA to Seattle in August -- advice?
- 1 Microsoft readies new Xbox as entertainment hub
- 2 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help
- 3 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 4 Boston and surrounding area
- 5 Transportation from Jackson to Jackson Hole airport
- 6 Albuquerque to Denver
- 7 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 8 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 9 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 10 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 11 Middlebury vt quickie
- 12 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 13 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 14 Savannah restaurants
- 15 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 16 American Airlines reservation question
- 17 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 18 Car trip from Seattle
- 19 Alaska Camping/Backpacking
- 20 Newport, RI Questions
- 21 Arizona - Sedona, Grand Canyon, MV and Canyon DeChelley
- 22 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 23 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 24 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 25 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!