DH and I are planning to attend a wedding next August in San Jose and thought we'd take the opportunity to build a longer trip around it. We're planning to rent a car and have 15 nights total, ending in Seattle. I've never been to Oregon or Washington. Our main interests are beautiful scenery, hiking, wildlife, and wineries. We like nice hotels/B&Bs with good views and love spending time in state and national parks. Can people recommend good places to stop along the way, preferably under around $200/night?
2-week road trip from San Jose, CA to Seattle in August -- advice?
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 3 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 4 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 5 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 6 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 7 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 8 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 9 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 10 Boston and surrounding area
- 11 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 12 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 13 Newport, RI Questions
- 14 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 15 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 16 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 17 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 18 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 19 Using public transit in San Diego
- 20 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 21 Seward to Anchorage
- 22 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 23 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 24 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 25 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!