My daughter is working to put together a vacation to include myself, my 80 year old mother, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 year old granddaughter. We will be traveling from Nebraska and New York. My mother has double knee replacements and can not do a lot of walking. We think we would like to rent a home to accommodate us all. That way we can cook if we like, take day trips, or just relax and enjoy each others company. We are planning a week in late May, just before Memorial day week. Mom is susceptible to cold so we have to keep that in mind. We would like to show her some of the US that she hasn't experienced. It would be great if we could find somewhere that has natural attractions, historic town atmosphere, great restaurants, and maybe a bit of shopping. Mom is not much on museums or large crowds. We are not opposed to being on the beach, but it can't be the main event. Mom has lived in NE her entire life, she has been to Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, New York, California, Yuma, AZ, and has driven from NE to NY & from NE to CA visiting along the way. As a child my parents took us to Yellowstone, Pikes Peak and Mount Rushmore, but my children have not been there. We are looking for ideas of great places that could satisfy the desires of 4 generations. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
4 Generations Hoping for Relaxing Vacation in Late May
- 1 Newport, RI Questions
- 2 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 3 Brandywine Valley for one or 2 nights - museum suggestions please
- 4 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 5 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 6 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 7 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 8 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 9 How to plan San Diego trip
- 10 IMPORTANT! Hawaii Ocean Safety Tips!
- 11 Washington Wineries
- 12 Airport luggage tamparing
- 13 California, Northern
- 14 GROCERY STORES MAUI, HAWAII
- 15 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 16 Visitor ocean awareness Kauai/statewide
- 17 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 18 Best museums and botanical gardens in the Hawaiian Islands?
- 19 Maui Rain Forest Hike vs Haleakala Crater Hike vs Downhill Bike Ride
- 20 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 21 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 22 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 23 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 24 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 25 Using public transit in San Diego