I am just getting underway in planning a 8 day trip in RV for my soon to be 70 year-old father who is in terrific physical shape. He has not seen much of this country but has always wanted to take a trip of this nature. I would like the trip to: visit areas that feature beautiful scenery , cover as much ground as possible without overdoing the amount of time spent in the car and with the ability to enjoy an activity or two in a given area (i.e. short hike, boating excursion etc.). Having been to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons myself I am partial to that area but wanted to put this out there for your consideration given some of the goals I have stated. My dad will be travelling with two thirtysomething year old sons.
8 DAY RV Trip with Pacific Northwest and West In Mind
- 1 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 2 Help with NYC transit
- 3 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 4 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 5 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 6 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 7 Albuquerque to Denver
- 8 Boston Area College Tour
- 9 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 10 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 11 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 12 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 13 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 14 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 15 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 16 D.C. in a day
- 17 Door County
- 18 10 Days in Maine
- 19 Using public transit in San Diego
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 22 A Visit to Charleston
- 23 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 24 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 25 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it