I am just getting underway in planning a 8 day trip in RV for my soon to be 70 year-old father who is in terrific physical shape. He has not seen much of this country but has always wanted to take a trip of this nature. I would like the trip to: visit areas that feature beautiful scenery , cover as much ground as possible without overdoing the amount of time spent in the car and with the ability to enjoy an activity or two in a given area (i.e. short hike, boating excursion etc.). Having been to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons myself I am partial to that area but wanted to put this out there for your consideration given some of the goals I have stated. My dad will be travelling with two thirtysomething year old sons.
8 DAY RV Trip with Pacific Northwest and West In Mind
- 1 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 2 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 3 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 4 Using public transit in San Diego
- 5 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 6 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 7 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 8 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 9 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 10 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 11 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 12 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 13 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 14 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 15 D.C. in a day
- 16 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 17 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 18 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 19 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 20 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 21 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 22 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 23 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 24 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 25 Memphis Tours