Hey North Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through North Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of North Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Biltmore Estate
• The Outerbanks
I haven't included any major/large cities yet (Triangle/Charlotte) as i am not super certain about them. What do you think? As locals if you could pretend you were a 1st time visitor what wouldn't you miss in North Carolina on a US wide road trip.
Any small towns i must check out?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential NorthCarolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Advice on what not to miss in North Carolina!
Hey North Carolinians!
- 1 need a laugh? check out this funny video
- 2 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 3 stay near newark or nyc
- 4 Cape Ann area
- 5 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 6 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 7 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 8 Kauai golf
- 9 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 10 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 11 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 12 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 13 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 14 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 15 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 16 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 17 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 18 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 19 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 20 Minneapolis Hotel
- 21 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 22 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 23 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 24 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 25 Washington Wineries