Hey North Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through North Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of North Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Biltmore Estate
• The Outerbanks
I haven't included any major/large cities yet (Triangle/Charlotte) as i am not super certain about them. What do you think? As locals if you could pretend you were a 1st time visitor what wouldn't you miss in North Carolina on a US wide road trip.
Any small towns i must check out?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential NorthCarolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Advice on what not to miss in North Carolina!
Hey North Carolinians!
- 1 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 2 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 3 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 4 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 5 Gearhart Oregon
- 6 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 7 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 8 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 9 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 10 California, Northern
- 11 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 12 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 13 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 14 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 15 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 16 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 17 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 18 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 19 Seatlle, WA
- 20 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 21 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 22 What are the best activities in Key West?
- 23 Memphis Tours
- 24 Newport, RI Questions
- 25 Meredith New Hampshire