My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Advice on what not to miss in Tennessee!
- 1 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 2 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 3 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 4 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 5 Using public transit in San Diego
- 6 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 7 Williamsburg VA
- 8 Albuquerque to Denver
- 9 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 10 A Visit to Charleston
- 11 Restos in Boca Raton
- 12 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 13 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 14 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 15 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 16 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 17 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 18 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 19 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 20 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 21 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 22 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 23 Help with NYC transit
- 24 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 25 Boston Area College Tour