We will be in Alaska Thanksgiving week with the primary purpose being to visit my brother, who is stationed at Fort Richardson and will have just returned from Afghanistan. I know it will be absolutely freezing and tours/tourist activities will be shut down. With that in mind, I'm wondering if anyone who has been there at that time or any locals might have some ideas to share as far as fun winter activities. We are staying in Anchorage, near the University. Thank you!
Alaska in November
- 1 How similar are the San Juan Islands and the Tofino area of B.C.?
- 2 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 3 A Visit to Charleston
- 4 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 5 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 6 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 7 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 8 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 9 Using public transit in San Diego
- 10 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 11 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 12 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 13 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 14 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 15 Erie Canal - Finger Lakes Region - Day Trip?
- 16 Girls Getaway Suggestions?- Wisconsin Dells
- 17 Wisconsin Dells with teenagers
- 18 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 19 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 20 Lake Tahoe
- 21 Baseball Road Trip
- 22 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 23 Moab and Bluff
- 24 Provo, UT Accomodations Recommendation?
- 25 Rocks and Roads in Utah