We will be in Alaska Thanksgiving week with the primary purpose being to visit my brother, who is stationed at Fort Richardson and will have just returned from Afghanistan. I know it will be absolutely freezing and tours/tourist activities will be shut down. With that in mind, I'm wondering if anyone who has been there at that time or any locals might have some ideas to share as far as fun winter activities. We are staying in Anchorage, near the University. Thank you!
Alaska in November
- 1 Less commercial beach?
- 2 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 3 French Broad Market in Ashville, NC
- 4 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 5 3 week Holiday Late December/January
- 6 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 7 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 8 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 9 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 10 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 11 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 12 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 13 stay near newark or nyc
- 14 New York City Parking
- 15 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 16 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 17 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 18 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 19 Priceline, WARNING
- 20 Washington Wineries
- 21 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 22 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 24 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 25 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!