I live in Southern California and I am planning to purchase a living room sofa set from a furniture store in GUANGDONG, CHINA. The sofa set includes: sofa, loveseat, arm chair, coffee table, 2 end tables. They told me the ocean shipping cost is $1900 from Guangdong, China to Los Angeles port in California.
I would like to know how much I have to pay for taxes/customs, as one of my friend told me that it might be duty FREE for furniture. I have to consider to add all these costs before I make the decision. Please help me.
ANYONE BOUGHT FURNITURE IN CHINA AND SHIPPED IT HOME?
- 1 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 2 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 3 A Visit to Charleston
- 4 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 5 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 6 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 7 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 8 Using public transit in San Diego
- 9 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 10 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 11 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 12 Help with NYC transit
- 13 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 14 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 15 Boston Area College Tour
- 16 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 17 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 18 D.C. in a day
- 19 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 20 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 21 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 22 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 23 Williamsburg VA
- 24 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 25 Cedar Point Wait Times