We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Best beach town between Clearwater and St. Petes?
- 1 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 2 Using public transit in San Diego
- 3 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 4 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 5 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 6 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 7 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 8 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 9 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 10 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 11 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 12 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 13 D.C. in a day
- 14 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 15 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 16 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 17 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 18 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 19 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 20 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 21 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 22 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 23 Memphis Tours
- 24 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 25 A Visit to Charleston