I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
- 1 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 2 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 3 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 4 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 5 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 6 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 7 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 8 Washington Wineries
- 9 Luxor Egypt
- 10 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 11 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 12 Minneapolis Hotel
- 13 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 14 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 15 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 16 Seward to Anchorage
- 17 California, Northern
- 18 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 19 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 20 New York City Parking
- 21 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 22 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 23 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 24 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 25 Pick up north of Boston Logan