I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
- 1 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 2 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 3 Using public transit in San Diego
- 4 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 5 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 6 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 7 Memphis Tours
- 8 Please critique our plan...
- 9 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 10 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 11 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 12 Gearhart Oregon
- 13 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 14 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 15 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 16 California, Northern
- 17 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 18 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 19 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 20 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 21 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 22 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 23 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 24 Seatlle, WA
- 25 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????