My husband and I are arriving in LA on 4/19 for a 10 day trip of coastal California.
The first day we arrive at 11am and plan to get into our rental car and start on our way to get out of LA. I was planning to try to spend the 1st night in Cambria/San Simeon area as we wish to visit Hearst Castle Sat (4/20) morning.
Is this too much for the 1st day for driving? I am sure we will stop and take pictures along the way and have lunch etc...would we be better off staying in the Pismo Beach area for the 1st night and then head up to Hearst castle in the morning?
Thanks so much!
California Coastal Trip April
- 1 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 2 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 3 California, Northern
- 4 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 5 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 6 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 7 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 8 Using public transit in San Diego
- 9 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 10 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 11 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 12 Washington Wineries
- 13 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 14 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 15 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 16 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 17 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 18 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 19 Memphis Tours
- 20 Please critique our plan...
- 21 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 22 Gearhart Oregon
- 23 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 24 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 25 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market