My boyfriend and I are planning a US road trip and we are having trouble figuring out a route through California.
This trip is part of a 6 month USA trip so time at this stage isn’t a worry.
Our easy targets are San Diego – LA – Monterey – San Francisco – Mendocino – Redwoods National Park following the coast (Highway 1). We plan to end in Oregon.
But we are stuck on how best to fit in; Yosemite, Kings Canyon/Sequoia, Death Valley, Sierra Nevada Highlights, Joshua Tree and Palm Springs. What is the best route to take to see all of these places or any suggestions along the way?
Big drives don’t worry us too much and when we are not in major cities where we focus on food and culture, we are more interested in nature/hiking and historic towns.
We will be in a van and probably be in the area June-ish so I imagine Death Valley will be blistering so we won’t want to spend too much time there.
I know this is very open but does anyone have any suggestions? Our approach at this stage will either be from Phoenix or Las Vegas.
Thanks so much.
California Road Trip - How to fit it all together.
- 1 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 2 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 3 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 4 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 5 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 6 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 7 Airport luggage tamparing
- 8 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 9 New York (from JFK to Tarrytown)
- 10 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 11 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 12 Washington Wineries
- 13 Southwest Florida Destination Wedding Help needed
- 14 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 15 Luxor Egypt
- 16 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 17 stay near newark or nyc
- 18 Road Trip through the Florida Keys
- 19 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 20 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 21 New York City Parking
- 22 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?
- 23 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 24 Brandywine Valley for one or 2 nights - museum suggestions please
- 25 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?