Pictures of short trip with my nephew. First pics are hike to Guadalupe Peak This is the highest point in Texas. It was an 8 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2015ft. It was 105 when we were finished with the hike. Tough hike.
We also did The Big Room, Natural Entrance at Carlsbad. The highlight of the trip was doing two wild cave tours. These lasted 4 hours each and involved a lot of crawling. We did Hall of the White Giants and Spider Cave. Only 8 people per week are allowed in this area of the cave. So, reserve 6 months ahead of time. This is pretty serious caving. You must be 12 years old to participate. These are the last photos and I took them with a disposable camera.
You aren't allowed to photograph the bats. The bats are almost non-existent this year. We saw 500,000 4 years ago. This time only about 1000. They have such a drought there that there are no bugs, so nothing for the bats to eat. The park(carlsbad) burned up the day we left. It was closed for a few days after we left. I'm not sure what it would look like now. It's a good thing that the prime reason to go is all underground.
We also did some sledding at White Sands National Monument and visited the missle base.
A few pictures in the cave we were trying double exposures, so that isn't a ghost or two headed people you are seeing.
Carlsbad/Guadalupe National Park/White Sands Photos
- 1 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 2 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 3 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 4 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 5 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 6 Middlebury vt quickie
- 7 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 8 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 9 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 10 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 11 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 12 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 13 hello guys....
- 14 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 15 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 16 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 17 Albuquerque to Denver
- 18 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 19 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 20 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 21 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 22 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 23 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 24 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 25 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested