my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
- 1 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 3 Newport, RI Questions
- 4 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 5 Help me make a scentific research about American sheriffs
- 6 Around North America (cruise)
- 7 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 8 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 9 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 10 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 11 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 12 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 13 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 14 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 15 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 16 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 17 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 18 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 19 Boston and surrounding area
- 20 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 21 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 22 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 23 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 24 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 25 Using public transit in San Diego