my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
- 1 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 2 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 3 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 4 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 5 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 6 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 7 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 8 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 9 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 10 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 11 Boston and surrounding area
- 12 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 13 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 14 Newport, RI Questions
- 15 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 16 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 17 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 18 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 19 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 20 Using public transit in San Diego
- 21 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 22 Seward to Anchorage
- 23 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 24 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 25 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC