Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
driving Orlando to Kentucky? help please
- 1 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 2 Meredith New Hampshire
- 3 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 4 California, Northern
- 5 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 6 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 7 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 8 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 9 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 10 Seatlle, WA
- 11 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 12 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 13 Around North America (cruise)
- 14 Newport, RI Questions
- 15 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 16 Boston and surrounding area
- 17 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 18 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 19 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 20 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 21 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 22 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 23 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 24 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 25 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone