I have use this forum as one of my resources in many occasions for my past travels in and out of the United States. Recently, I have been planning an early May trip to the places stated in the title, and I am having difficulty to make it perfect. The exact plan is to fly into Rapid City, SD on 5/5/2013, and we are going to rent a car and fly off from Jackson Hole on 5/12. So..I realize that is very little time to see so many places, but my parents only have so many days so I am trying to bring them to the 'best' places these places have to offer in such short time. Also, there are going to be 4 of us, my parents are both 50 and my sister and I are in our 20s. This is what I have planned for now...
5/5 - Get in at RAP at around noon. We will probably grab a quick lunch around Rapid City, go to the Journey Museum, and then head straight to Mt. Rushmore and do the presidential trail. Stay at Keystone.
5/6 - Drive through iron mountain rd, needles hwy, go to jewel cave for one of their tours, crazy horse. I am hoping to squeeze custer state park here, or maybe do the jeep tour and cookout they have to offer at one of their resorts. Stay at Keystone
5/7 - Drive to spearfish canyon, and hikek the devil's bathtub. Then drive to devil's tower to tour around for a bit. Finally hit straight to Cody, Wy. Stay at Cody.
5/8 - Go to Buffalo Bill first thing in the morning. And head to Yellowstone.
My problem starts here, because there are too many things to see at YNP and Grand Teton, I am not sure how to allocate them into 4 days. I might be able to squeeze in something on 5/12 depending on what time I book my flight out of Jackson Hole. Also, suggestions for lodges would be appreciated too. We are open to hiking, but maybe the short ones with some scenery at the end of the hike.
Thank you all in advance!
Family Trip of 4 to Mt. Rushmore/Yellowstone/Grand Teton
- 1 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 2 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 3 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 4 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 5 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 6 stay near newark or nyc
- 7 Cape Ann area
- 8 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 9 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 10 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 11 Kauai golf
- 12 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 13 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 14 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 15 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 16 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 17 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 18 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 19 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 Minneapolis Hotel
- 22 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 23 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 24 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 25 Driving from Seattle to San Fran