We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Family Vacation Ideas - East Coast US - 7-16Dec'11
- 1 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 2 American Airlines reservation question
- 3 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 4 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 5 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 6 Car trip from Seattle
- 7 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 8 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 9 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 10 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 11 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 12 Best timeshare in Branson?
- 13 Dennisport: Haigis Beach v. Sea Street Beach
- 14 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 15 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 16 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 17 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 18 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 19 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 20 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 21 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 22 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 23 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 24 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 25 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include