We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
- 1 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 2 Savannah restaurants
- 3 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 4 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 5 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 6 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 7 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 8 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 9 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 10 Retiring in Colorado
- 11 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 12 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 13 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 14 Newport, RI Questions
- 15 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 16 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 17 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 18 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 19 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 20 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 21 Denver 1 day in denver
- 22 Boston and surrounding area
- 23 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 24 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 25 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old