We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
- 1 stay near newark or nyc
- 2 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 3 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 4 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 5 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 6 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 7 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 8 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 9 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 10 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 11 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 12 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 13 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 14 Cape Ann area
- 15 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 16 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 17 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 18 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 19 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 20 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 21 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 22 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 23 Kauai golf
- 24 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 25 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?