We're a family with two young kids (aged 5 and 2) who intend to visit Texas in late April/early May. We want to experience a slice of the state, both cities and countryside, get a taste of texas history and meet some texans.
We have time for 8 nights on the road (we'll hire a car) and were thinking of the following itinerary:
1. Fly to Dallas Fort Worth
5. Greune/New Braunfels
6. San Antonio - Fly Home
We'd love to stay on a ranch at some point, enjoy (short) hikes, authentic local restaurants, child friendly music venues, cycling (if we can hire), strolling through lively down-town areas on warm evenings etc.
We'd be really grateful for any comments on the itinerary (especially if we have chosen the right places and how long to stay in each) and any ideas of specific places, parks, historic monuments, friendly churches, restaurants etc to visit - especially if they're off the beaten track or hidden. We always most enjoy the places the local go !
Thanks so much in advance.
Fix'in to visit Texas: town and country, with young kids
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 3 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 4 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 5 Native American Tours/Tour Guides
- 6 Albuquerque to Denver
- 7 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 8 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 9 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 10 Help with NYC transit
- 11 Boston Area College Tour
- 12 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 13 Door County
- 14 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 15 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 16 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 17 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 18 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 19 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 20 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 21 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 22 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 23 Using public transit in San Diego
- 24 Williamsburg VA
- 25 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks